Other PSAT classes solely teach what is covered on the multiple choice test. We help your student conquer the multiple choice questions as well; however, we ALSO emphasize essay writing. This class familiarizes students with the PSAT, and it also assists them in developing strong writing skills. Students will learn how to:
- Analyze articles, take an argumentative position and support it with evidence, and develop strong critical reasoning skills
- Perform literary analyses of short stories similar to what will be expected of them in their high school English classes
- Write efficiently and persuasively based on personalized feedback from the instructor
- Improve their critical reading and comprehension abilities
- Identify question types and the most common methods for solving them
- Internalize the principles of good writing so they can confidently recognize and correctly answer grammar and usage questions
In college, a typical social sciences or humanities course requires 15-25 pages of writing per quarter – that’s up to 100 pages of writing in 4 courses over 10 weeks.